I LOVE Huffington Post. They have the most interesting articles. I came across this particular article Monday on Facebook. I just had to share it. You can read the full article here on their website. There is a video that goes along with the article. This article started from a Reddit thread which asked “What is something about sex you wished someone had told you?” Here are the top 18 replies:
1. There is no dignified way of “cleaning up” — and you WILL need to clean up afterwards.
2. A male partner won’t always have a higher sex drive than you.
3. You can have as much sex as you want, with as many people as you like.
4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you’re having it with.
5. Women are allowed to enjoy sex as much as men.
6. Sex doesn’t look like it does in the movies — or in porn.
7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to.
8. Learn what turns you on and don’t be afraid to ask for it, because your partner isn’t a mind-reader.
9. It’s fine to say “no” — it doesn’t make you less sexual.
10. The best sex is about mutual giving.
11. Plenty of women can’t orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 50 to 75 percent of women require clitoral stimulation.
12. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment, so know how you plan to protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs beforehand.
13. Great sex does not equal great love.
14. Anxieties and fears about sex are totally normal — and it’s (more than) fine to talk about them.
15. Just like with anything else, to get good you need practice. Sex is not something you’re born knowing how to do well.
16. It can be really, really awkward.
17. Your “sexual peak” won’t necessarily be in your twenties.
18. Experiment! (And have fun doing so.)
Be careful though. Great sex will have you strung out. lol That is why #13 is important. I also wish men knew that porn is NOT realistic. Stuff like that does not happen in real life, nor do most women want to do that. I don’t want to be bent into a pretzel during sex, but that’s just me. Anyway, have fun but be safe. I can’t stress that enough.
Ok, readers. What do you wish someone would have told you?
*Photo credit: capitalfm.co.ke
Considering I went to Catholic school, I was never told any of this stuff. However, I think the most important two (for a female) would be #7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to and # 4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you’re having it with.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Those are good ones.